2014年7月7日星期一

From brain surgery to League Cup glory, Aberdeenᄀᆵs Langfield revels in triumph

Jamie Langfield
was extremely emotional after helping Aberdeen win the Scottish League Cup on the weekend.
The 34-year old goalkeeper had brain surgery just over two years ago after suffering seizures but has managed to bounce back to guide the Dons to a 4-2 penalty shootout victory over Inverness at Celtic
Park on Sunday.
After the match, Langfield admitted that it was a very emotional time for him after getting through a difficult stage of his life but he was over the moon to be able to share it with his wife and two daughters.
ᄀᄚI was down on my knees at the end as the emotion just came through,ᄀᄆ he said.
ᄀᄚIᄀᆵve had a massive two-and-a-half years since my illness and this is what I dreamed of getting back to.
ᄀᄚI wanted a level of consistency playing but to go on to win a cup was just something else.
ᄀᄚThat was for my wife Louise and my two kids Ruby and Maisie who have put up with me the last couple of years.
ᄀᄚTheyᄀᆵve really helped me through. So I just got all emotional as I knew how they would be feeling. I knew they would probably be crying and I just got caught up in the moment.
ᄀᄚIᄀᆵve gone from nearly dying two-and-a-half years ago to winning a cup at Parkhead with a team I love and I want to be part of. Thatᄀᆵs incredible.ᄀᄆ
Regarding how much it means to his daughters, Langield added: ᄀᄚI knew how chuffed they would be. I had the cards the girls gave me yesterday in my locker and just thought about them constantly. It was all for them.ᄀᄆ

没有评论:

发表评论